Reply to: see below
The Energy Efficiency Site Auditor will provide professional residential energy efficiency audit and building analysis services that include:
· Conducting blower door, duct blaster, combustion safety and CAZ tests.
· Develop scopes of work that include weatherization and HVAC measures to save energy and improve comfort, health and safety.
· Enter data into software programs, and creating reports, and writing contracts
· Working with customers to prioritize improvements and close sales.
· Develop a positive relationship with customers to establish rapport and to gather house data and measurements.
· Conduct Home Performance with Energy Star style test in audits, including blower door, duct blaster, infrared camera, combustion safety and CAZ tests.
· Conduct visual site audit taking measurements, gathering data, and taking digital photos.
· Enter test results and site data into software programs to generate reports and proposed contracts.
· A minimum of three (3) years experience in a discipline related to construction or building sciences; estimating or site auditing experience is preferred.
· High School or Trade School degree in a discipline related to construction or building sciences; college degree in relevant field is preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills required in order to prepare documents and conduct meetings with customers.
· BPI certifications in Building Analyst, Envelope Professional.
· BPI certifications in Heating Professional preferred.
· Lead based paint training preferred.
· Familiar with OSHA safety requirements. OSHA 10 hr preferred.
· Proficiency with computers and various applications including MS Office and SolarCity proprietary software.
· Knowledge of site surveying, construction sequencing, construction methods and materials practices; knowledge of residential electrical systems is preferred.
· Ability to safely use basic hand and power tools.
· Previous weatherization or insulation experience preferred.
· Knowledge of HVAC and building performance is preferred.
· Good knowledge of basic 120v residential electrical is preferred.
· Some knowledge of basic HVAC installation and code is preferred.
· Graduates of weatherization training programs preferred.
· Effectively work with others and to be part of a team.
· All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment background and drug screen
· Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, comfortably lift 50+ pounds repetitively, and must be able to work on your feet for long periods of time
· Ability to work in extreme environments, e.g. hot sun, below freezing, crawl spaces, etc.
SolarCity® is a national leader in solar power and energy efficiency services.
TO APPLY: Please apply via our website: http://www.solarcity.com/hr/505/69/Site-Auditor---Energy-Efficiency.aspx
Location: Westchester, NY
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.