Date: 2011-12-27, 12:12PM EST
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send a resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover
letter will not be considered. In addition we request a short writing
sample and an excel sample displaying organization and simple analysis
The Benchmarking Operations Teams (BOT) at Bright Power, Inc. is seeking
an energetic person to assist staff beginning January through May, with
possibility of full employment upon completing term.
• Excellent data, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proposal/report writing.
• Stellar presentation skills, with the ability to tailor dynamic presentations to different audiences.
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Word and Excel).
• Self-motivated and self-organizing. Show initiative.
• Must be organized and methodical as the job will entail dealing with a
moderately large amount of data and so attention to detail is critical
• Science, Engineering, or Computer Science Background, with work in
Sustainability or Energy, as well as experience in coding and data
• Excellent planning, project and time management skills.
• Experience in the real estate, energy efficiency or building operations worlds.
• Ability to work well in a team oriented environment providing ideas and open feedback.
About Bright Power:
• 25 People
• Founded in 2004 and growing by over 50% each year
• Office located in downtown Manhattan
• Hard-working, casual work environment
• Serious about delivering high quality results, while having fun in the process
• "Realistic Idealists" working to change the world in pragmatic ways
• Projects in New York City, as well as nationally and internationally
Bright Power provides energy services in the following technologies:
• Heating Systems (steam, hydronic, forced air) & Cooling Systems (AC, commercial refrigeration)
• Lighting Systems (including motion sensors and other controls)
• Electrical Systems (motors, industrial machinery, controls)
• Renewable Energy (esp. solar PV and solar thermal)
• Controls and Energy Management Systems
• Remote Energy Monitoring
• Energy Modeling (eQuest, TREAT, Energy Plus, TRNSYS)
• Energy Benchmarking, Measurement & Verification (M&V), and savings analysis
Compensation: $15/hour at 20-40 hours per week
This is a part-time job.