Date: 2010-11-09, 7:53PM EST
Reply to: email@example.com
Company: EmPower CES, LLC.
Location: Island Park, New York
Web site: www.empowerces.com
EmPower is a leading solar electric power company that is accelerating the clean energy revolution in New York and beyond. Our mission is to EmPower people to use renewable energy to control energy costs, protect the environment and achieve energy security. It is our vision that renewable energy will lead to a more prosperous, healthy and civil world. EmPower has worked hard to achieve an outstanding reputation in the marketplace. The Marketing Manager will be a key member of the team that will build on EmPower’s success and work collaboratively to increase the company’s growth and impact.
EmPower seeks a highly talented, capable and motivated Marketing Manager to help grow its photovoltaic contracting business. The Marketing Manager will develop and implement marketing programs in accordance with overall marketing strategies. The goal is to expand the number of qualified residential and commercial solar leads as well as promote the EmPower brand and clean energy mission.
The Marketing Manager will report to the CEO, manage outside agencies and vendors and work collaboratively with the management team and other departments. EmPower is seeking candidates with the appropriate skill set who are hard-working, passionate, dependable, creative, detail oriented and have a passion for excellence.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Program Implementation: Manage marketing programs from start to finish. Develop timeline with critical path, staffing, resources, budget, etc.
• Brand: Develop and promote EmPower brand while staying true to the core brand equity.
• Creative: Responsible for all creative executions and representations of the company. Ensure consistency throughout all creative and marketing collateral:
Website, brochure, uniforms, vehicle wraps, business cards, advertisements, promotional items, presentations, etc. Note: it is anticipated that creative will
be generated in-house and by vendors.
• Analytics: Track, analyze and generate reports on efficacy of marketing programs.
• Website: Maintain overall responsibility for website; manage webmaster and third party vendors, updates, blog
• Social Media: Responsible for social media presence and strategy
• Events: Plan marketing events, including marketing collateral, presentations, staffing, vendors, promotional items.
• Representation: Represent EmPower at marketing events, key meetings and speaking engagements.
• Vendors: Manage and collaborate with outside marketing, advertising, web development, public relations and creative firms.
• Recruit & Manage: Hire and train street-teams capable of representing EmPower at marketing events.
• Organizations: Help maintain and build key marketing relationships with industry organizations.
• Reporting: Submit quarterly and annual reports on efficacy of marketing programs.
• Weekly: Set weekly goals and participate in weekly planning meetings.
• Work Experience: 3-5 years of related experience.
• Education: College degree in marketing or a related field.
• Marketing Track Record: Track record of successfully managing marketing programs and advertising campaigns from start to finish.
• Management Experience: A demonstrated ability to manage and empower subordinates, collaborate with co-workers and plan with and report to management. Identify staffing needs, and
hire/manage key employees who have contributed to organizational success.
• Creative: Experience producing creative and various forms of marketing collateral.
• Presentations: Experience producing presentations for clients and partners.
• Strategy Experience: Experience developing strategy. Familiarity assessing and targeting various demographics, depending on traits and desires of each.
• Advertising Experience: Understanding of advertising channels including internet, print, television, billboards, etc.
• Quality Control: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors department’s work to ensure quality.
• Software: Command knowledge of Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Knowledge of Adobe Suite including Illustrator, Photoshop, and other desktop publishing programs.
• Website: Website building experience a plus
• Renewables: Renewable energy industry experience a plus
• References: 2 + References
The ideal candidate has the following personal characteristics:
• Interpersonal Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills and a pleasure to collaborate with
• Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Can articulate clearly in positive or negative situations.
• Organizational Skills: Exceptional organizational and time management skills
• Planning: Self-directed, prioritizes and plans. Uses time efficiently.
• Creative: Creative thinker and artistic.
• Public Speaking: Strong public speaking skills.
• Problem Solving: Can identify and resolve problems.
• Work Ethic: Strong work ethic that is part of DNA. Ability to perform work dependably and reliably according to work schedules and assignments including occasional overtime, weekend.
• Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with change, delays or unexpected events.
• Computer savvy
• Represents the EmPowering Way
Base salary + bonus. Salary range is $55,000 to $65,000 and will be evaluated based on background and experience. Excellent benefits are available including: Paid holidays, vacations and health insurance. Annual performance based bonuses based on individual performance, firm performance, etc.
This is a full-time position. Willing to commit to extra hours when necessary for important events and to complete time-sensitive tasks.
WHY WORK FOR EMPOWER?
• EmPower is a leading regional solar energy company with an outstanding reputation in the marketplace
• EmPower is a fast growing company
• EmPower’s employees have a great camaraderie and are committed to clean energy
• Solar energy is one of the fastest growing industries in the country and throughout the world
• Support for training and professional development is available and encouraged
• A job at EmPower gives you an opportunity to be an energy and environmental leader.
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. Cover letter
3. Portfolio (if available)
a. Marketing strategy documents
b. Summaries of marketing campaigns, with analytics
c. Creative work
d. Business plans
EmPower is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Additional information about EmPower is available at www.empowerces.com
Location: Island Park NY
Compensation: $55 - $65,000 based on experience and capabilities. Benefits available.