Date: 2009-04-24, 4:10PM PDT
The Development Manager and/or Development Director of Business Development will report to the Chief Operating Officer and Head of Development. This position is focused on identifying and securing new solar energy project development sites, negotiating land agreements, managing interconnection requests, and evaluating project viability. The development professional will also be able to identify and evaluate project acquisitions and partnering opportunities.
• Minimum 3 to 7 years of previous experience in energy project development required - preferably in solar, wind, or natural gas electricity generation projects (utility scale power plant development). Experience level will determine qualifications for Development Manager or Development Director.
• Bachelor's degree (engineering concentration desirable), MBA a strong plus
• Ability to deal with local community dynamics, as well as negotiate effectively with landowners and other stakeholders.
• Exposure to renewable energy issues and economics.
• Experience in US power markets, utilities, interconnection issues, and Power Purchase Agreements - preferably in the southwest US
Location: Los Angeles
- Compensation: DOE
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.