Date: 2009-01-05, 7:54AM CST
The CAD Engineer evaluates and creates construction documents incorporating Geothermal HVAC systems into residential, commercial and industrial buildings. She or he works closely with engineering, and project management to meet all proposal and construction deadlines. He or she is reliable, self motivated and works well in a fast-paced, team-work environment.
- Create HVAC permit, coordination and shop drawings.
- Estimate turnkey system pricing for commercial, residential and industrial developments.
- Take off ductwork, piping, controls and equipment from plans and specs.
- Create detailed CAD drawings for all phases of the bidding and construction process.
- Collect and deliver project submittals.
- Review project scope of work and define list of inclusions and exclusions.
- Obtain bids and pricing from subcontractors.
- Review applicable building codes and standards.
- Communicate effectively with manufacturers, builders, designers and managers.
Education and Experience:
2-year degree (4-year degree preferred)
2 years of experience in the construction trades
1 year of experience creating AutoCAD drawings
- AutoCAD/Revit MEP knowledge.
- Working knowledge of HVAC and Plumbing construction practices.
- Some experience with evaluation of local code compliance
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal means.
- Strengths in overall organization.
About Indie Energy Services Company
Indie Energy is a leading provider of integrated clean energy systems for buildings. We offer turn-key solutions from engineering to construction and commissioning to maintenance for large scale developments, adaptive re-use, and institutional retrofits.
Using highly cost effective energy exchange technologies, Indie Energy combines geothermal, solar thermal, and intelligent HVAC system design to deliver dramatic advantages to developers and owner-operators. We have one of the largest geothermal drilling operations in the U.S.A.
-Compensation: competitive salary and full benefits package.
-Open position is Full-Time.
-Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
-Indie Energy is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Compensation: 50,000 - 70,000
- OK to highlight this job opening for persons with disabilities
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- Phone calls about this job are ok.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.