Thursday, December 27, 2007
Japan To Harvest Flamable Ice!
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Aagesen a phd working at the University of Copenhagen says has discovered a crystalline structure that is "perfect". He has dubbed it 'Nano Flakes'. He reports that the crystalline structure "absorbs all light". As it is able to absorb all light it can more efficiently convert that light to electricity. His estimate is that up to 30% of the sun's light can be converted to solar electricity using these "flakes".
He explained that this discovery could reduce the cost of producing solar cells and reduce the cost of purchasing solar products for the average consumer.
Sounds like great news for the consumer. Unless we get more discoveries like this the cost of solar products for home and personal use will stay stagnet and out of reach for most people.
It's cold now in the U.S. and Canada. Imagine a time when we can just turn on our inexpensive solar room heater or home system heater. That time will come with discoveries such as this!
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Reply to: email@example.com
Date: 2007-12-11, 9:49AM PST
Looking to join one of the most successful companies in the exciting field of solar electricity? Searching for a workplace that supports creativity, promotes teamwork, and works with a product that has a positive impact on the environment? Do you have the desire to work with an entrepreneurial company that has an annual growth rate of over 75%? If so, look no further! REC Solar is looking for a Pre-Sale Engineer. This opening will be a full-time position reporting to the Senior Manager of Engineering.
REC Solar specializes in grid-tied solar electric design and installation, offering the latest technology, state of the art equipment, and rebate administration for all commercial and residential customers. We maintain a dedicated staff of engineers, designers, and installers to make solar a turnkey solution for our customers. With a focus on quality, professionalism, and services, REC Solar has excelled to become a trusted market leader.
In this high-energy, fast-paced position, the Commercial Design Engineer will be responsible for the following:
• Interface with commercial sales team and provide engineering support as needed;
• Perform site evaluations for clients throughout region to determine suitability of site for a photovoltaic system;
• Perform conceptual engineering design of commercial systems;
• Create job cost analysis for life cycle of PV system;
• Use company Cost Book to estimate project costs;
• Stay current on codes, standards, new solar technologies, and installation best practices;
• Assist the sales team in understanding the engineering impacts of site specific or customer specific requirements and technical proposals;
• Perform PV system energy output calculations;
• Provide technical information to support sales proposals including system schematics and cost details;
• Assist in development of engineering best practices and process improvements;
• Help develop engineering and estimating tools to continuously drive down costs;
• May be asked to assist in post sale photovoltaic system designs.
• Mechanical, electrical, or structural engineering degree required;
• Minimum 2 years experience;
• Combination of people and technical skills;
• Fluent in ACAD, MSWord, Excel and MS Project;
• Ability to translate company vision into actionable plans that result in increased capacity for the company to efficiently respond to and secure commercial projects.
• Knowledge of construction practices;
• Experience in Solar Industry;
• California P.E. license
Salary will be based on experience, comprised of a base salary and a significant bonus. REC Solar offers health, dental, vision, flexible spending account, 401k, paid holidays (11), vacation days, and sick days. Extensive training will be provided at REC Solar corporate headquarters in San Luis Obispo, CA.
REC Solar is having an impact each day as we continue our rapid growth and are dedicated to the environmental vision of changing the energy landscape of this nation. If you are looking to work smart, play hard and make a difference with a company that lets you explore your unlimited potential, join our team as we push toward our goal of bringing solar to mainstream.
Please, no phone calls about this position. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of resumes we receive we are unable to respond to every applicant.
Please forward resumes to the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title in the subject line, or fax to their attention at (805) 528-9701. For more information please visit www.recsolar.com.
Location: San Diego
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Saturday, December 1, 2007
The plane "BioJet1" flew at 98% full revelution power. No problem climbing or with "Time to Altitude". The flight took place in October. It was done just to prove that an unmodified jet could fly on just biodiesel, although experts say that right now that is not a realistic goal for the near future. They feel more comfortable with a 20% biodiesel mix for unmodified aircraft in the future.